<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

2.24.2008
3:41 PM >>

Before Eddy got his Wine Making Kit, I didn’t even know you could make wine at home. (I’m an idiot.) So when I heard about this machine of his, I was excited. And let me tell you, sir, this Raisin Port is good. Remember in college when your buddy had a home-brew kit and decided to make some Pumpkin Beer for Halloween and then ended up with a bunch of rotten half-jack o’ lanterns and some crappy beer that you would only drink on Sundays because football was on and you drank all your beer the night before and your live in the stupid-A Bible Belt where you can’t buy beer on Sundays? Well, this is the opposite of that.

For the longest time I was mystified as to how wine could be made from raisins. Raisins by definition are dried fruit, right? So how can you get juice from them? But every time I brought this up, Eddy assured me, “No, you get tons of juice from raisins.” So here I am, sitting at home every night, trying to make sense of this and figuring that he must have used about 4,000 pounds of raisins to get enough juice to make any decent amount of port wine. I was wrong. (Remember that I’m an idiot.) Turns out, as I learned once the wine had been brewed and bottled, that you soak the raisins in some sort of water in order to re-juice them before de-juicing them to make the wine.

The point is, this is a great port. It is very sweet, but then I consider port wine to be a sippy-type dessert drink, so the sweetness is perfect. I would recommend pairing it with a nice cheesecake.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker