<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

10.24.2007
8:25 PM >> Not Good at Either

Here I am back at the blog because I thought about surfing for five minutes and then realized once again that there is nothing I want to find out. But I can't think of anything to blog about either. It's like I'm stuck in some weird state of miserable boredom and I can't even jumpstart my brain to think of anything new.

I am reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" at the moment. I have 27 pages left. The book is nothing like I remember the movie. It's a strange one. Better than "Contact," though. I enjoyed that movie much more than the book. Carl Sagan could not write characters worth a crap, but he knew his science. It was like reading "A Brief History of Time" in the form of a ridiculously broad soap opera involving romance, politics, and explosions! The only thing missing was comic relief - absolutely none.

"Sheep" has been a surprising read. Philip Dick is very good with the details, but does not labor them - leaves most of it up to the reader, except when he sends his character into some crazy alternate reality and then the details become very confusing and overwhelming - much like an acid trip which I think Dick is trying to convey anyway, so it makes sense. So much in the book turns on a dime but so subtly (that is the strangest word I have ever spelled) that you read for about a page or two before you understand what the hell has happened. Some genius moments.

Well, I just stunk up the office and think I'll go finish the book. Look, I blogged again instead of searching for nothing on the internet. I post.

P.S. This is now the second time in a row where I have entered the letters in the "Word Verification" field below the post window and have been unsuccessful. I have never failed at recognizing the letters before. Something sucks about blogspot.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker