<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

6.17.2007
11:33 AM >> For the Ears

My god do I love music. To this day I average buying a CD almost every week. (If you like indie rock or underground hip-hop, you gotta check out eMusic.com. Best website ever. Even if you don't care, do whatever you can to get your hands on the song "Dead Dogs Two" by cLOUDDEAD.)

Driving home tonight, M asked if she could play her iPod. I agreed even thought this usually forces me to endure the most miserable driving experience ever. First she played a few random tracks from different artists that she liked, but then she seemed to settle on an album. After two point five songs, I decided I really liked this album that I had never heard before.

"What album is this?"
"The new one."
"Um, by who?" [or whom, whatever]
"Tori Amos."

I used to like Tori Amos a lot back at the end of high school and the beginning of college. Or at least I thought I did, but looking back it may have been a lie so that I'd have something to talk to girls about. I went to her concert in 1994, and I fell asleep halfway through, but I attribute that more to our pre-concert activities plus the fact that we couldn't buy beer once we went in. If you know what I mean. But I did get the coolest t-shirt I've ever owned from that concert. It said BITCHIN on the front.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker