<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

2.15.2007
11:38 PM >> Tier 2

[By the way I'm going out of town tomorrow so you'll have to wait until Monday for the thrilling conclusion.]

Tier 21
Snatch2, Run Lola Run, Happy Gilmore, 12 Monkeys, The Way of the Gun3, Pi, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Brick4, Unbreakable, Pulp Fiction5, The Goonies, The Naked Gun6, Swingers, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind7, Apocalypse Now8, Dogma, The Big Lebowski9, Sin City10, Coming to America, Kill Bill: Volume 211

Notes:
1 There are definitely a few flicks here that make a strong case to me for promotion to Tier 1.
2 Probably the toughest decision I had to make was leaving this in Tier 2 rather than Tier 1. I mean Brad Pitt's completely indecipherable dialogue is a masterstroke of acting.
3 There's just something about The Way of the Gun that I love just so f-ing much, but I don't think of it on par with [SPOILER ALERT] The Usual Suspects, so here it remains.
4 Brick was the best movie I saw in 2006 and probably 2005, but I would have to see it more than once to see if is truly Tier 1 or just a one-trick pony. Seriously, though, see it if you haven't. Before you see anything else in this Tier.
5 Still trying to work its way out of the immeasurable hole of hype from which I initially saw this film. I can honestly say I like it more every time I watch it.
6 This franchise (along with Stephen Wright) shaped my comic abilities for my entire life. Maybe that's not a good thing. But I can't tell you how many times I watched this as a kid. Thanks to Dusty Kent, my best friend in elementary school, for getting me to watch this for the very first time.
7 Charlie Kauffman is the most genius screenwriter ever. Do not try to argue this with me.
8 The first time I saw this, it gave me the most severe mind melt of any movie I have ever seen. (I never did see the "Redux" version. Let me know if I should bother.)
9 No I did not like Fargo, but TBL made up for it.
10 A mini-mind melt.
11 Oh, there it is!!


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker