<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

2.12.2007
11:59 PM >> The Rankings

So recently I was playing the "guess my favorite movie" game, and I realized I did not have a single favorite movie but a group of favorites. Then as the OCD kicked in I further realized that really what I had were three tiers of favorite movies. Then as the nerd-insanity raged and I checked out a list of every move released since 1998 (thanks, The Numbers!), I saw there was room for Honorary Mentions as well.

Today you get the Honorary Mentions of Corporal's Favorite Movies. Then every day henceforth you will get the next ascending Tier of Corporal's Favorite Movies. Boy, are you excited or what. Bonus point for each movie you can guess will be in tomorrow Tier.

Here are the definitions of the rank-tiers:

Honorary Mention: Proabably a movie I only saw once but talked about for a month after seeing. Then when I saw the title on a list while researching I got that jazeed-up feeling in my belly. Or maybe there was a totally kick-A character (like Nightcrawler or Hulk or Amelie) that mase the movie just such a blast to watch. Yes, I think that most of these films would fit into that character bucket.
N.B: I think I put Aliens in here to represent all of the movies I loved as a kid and teenager in the 80's. (Even though I was only a teenager for one year in the 80's. You know what I mean.) Those movies will probably get their own ranking-blog-series.

Tier 3: Movies I've seen multiple times and enjoy but were the first to go when I tried to whittle my entire favorite-movie-jumble down into a Top 10 list.

Tier 2: These are the flicks that I really really dig but deep down I know I could do without if I had to choose between them or a pizza. The first test was whether I ever bothered to buy the DVD or not. The second test was OK I bought the DVD, but do I ever watch it or do I always think "Man, I like that movie, I should watch it" but then pick something else (i.e. Tier 1) instead.

Tier 1: Well this should be self-explanatory.

Honorary Mention
Chicken Run, X-Men 2, Get Shorty, The Man Who Wasn’t There, Time Bandits, Amelie, There’s Something about Mary, Aliens, Se7en, Signs, Adaptation, Phone Booth, Waiting for Guffman, The Others, Elf, HULK, The Village, Time Code


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker