<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

9.25.2006
12:23 AM >> 30 year old ice cream social

Hey, Dumbies. Just kidding. Come on. So my friend Ben hosted an ice cream social for my 30th birthday. It was bring your own toppings. Heath bar was the most popular topping brung. Least used topping I think was the sprinkles. I pulled a first with bringing the meat to the table. Whoever brought the Easy Cheese and Hummus -- that was genius. Raspberries receive the nice touch award. We stomped on a package of Oreo cookies to get them to the desired crushedness. And thanks so much to Broham for cooking up the appetizers -- pizza bites and half cooked fries. And the most nostalgic topping goes to Pickle for bringing the Magic Shell. He also brought tiny dill pickles which I was supposed to put on my split but totally forgot.

B'gette brought the tiny Pickles. B'gette tiny pickles. Sorry.

The reason that I forgot was that I greated a special recipe banana split just for the occasion. It is called The 30 Year Old Split. Ben asked me to go ahead and create some marketing material. Below you can see the table tents that I design and placed all over the place.



You're thinking sick, I know. But it was good. It was a 6.23. You can see the layers for yourself on the table tent. I added two additional ingredients that were available at the party. They were 4 cherries and some peanut crumbles.

It was a lot of fun. I also made a whole giant batch of B.PB.B for people to sample. I used a total full bundle of bananas and all but 4 slices of bacon from a pack of turkey bacon. As the ratings come in I'll keep you posted.

Here's a pretty shot of Th30YrOS. And a staged aftershot of the remains of the party when everyone left.



Thanks for the wonderful party Ben and Vera. And Jason I totally beat you to the blog. Nice try. Nice photos of me and tommy for the b-day present. Thanks for the providing me the memory.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker