<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

7.19.2006
8:41 PM >> Netflix Guilt

From a great article about the problems created by entertainment in the digital age:

>>
Episodes of “The Daily Show” and “Letterman” pile onto our DVR television recorders like copies of The New Yorker, begging to either be consumed or wastefully discarded. Netflix movies line up on our shelves like airplanes on a runway waiting to take off. And all of those blog postings relentlessly flood into our Web browsers every hour, every day. There’s certainly not time for all of it. Is this entertainment? It feels more like homework.
>>

No S, man. I knew that feeling. As soon as I got TiVo, shows I never cared about missing before suddenly took on the weight of the world. Once recorded, if I did not watch Wondershowzen, I was wasting. And I was a waste. I was too lazy to even watch TV.

Until I realized that I did not need to watch these shows I tape oops I mean record, I want to watch oops I mean replay them. And so if I want to view TV, the shows are there waiting for me like cupcakes in the summer. But if I don't get to them, I certainly never would have seen them before TiVo anyway.

SO RELAX PEOPLE IT IS OK TO IGNORE THINGS


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker