<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

3.16.2006
10:19 PM >> Two words, two salads, and a martini

TWO WORDS >>
These two words came from the final pages of the Ben Franklin biography that I just finished.

They are 1) Chicanery - (Sh-i-can-ery or Ch-ick-anery) n : the use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them), deception by trickery or sophistry, a trick; a subterfuge; and 2) Babbittry - n: a narrow-minded, self-satisfied person with an unthinking attachment to middle-class values and materialism.

TWO SALADS >>
These are two salads that I made recently after going grocery shopping. The most expensive item I bought shopping was Tide color safe bleach. The box was like $10 (rip). I did get a good deal on a bag of toasted soy nuts. I think they cost me about 92 cents and should last for a pretty long while as long as I don't fall to a soy binge.

Pretty Tasty Salad
Mixed Boston and Romaine lettuce with sliced black olives, onions, tomatoes, shredded carrot, sometimes parmesean, toasted cinnamon sugar oats. Dressed (correct verbage for the application of salad dressing?) with some splashes of red wine vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil and mixed in with either roasted habanero pepper jelly or Bronco Bob's Tangy Apricot Chipotle Sauce (who's ingredients inspired the habby pepper jelly). Served along with toasted Italian wheat and grain loaf topped with either roasted garlic, butter, thyme, pepper, and basil or with habby pepper jelly.

Rating: 5.91

A MARTINI >>
I created a martini inspired by my favorite pickle dealer. Sechler's was founded back at the beginning of the 1900's in St. Joe Indiana. Their pickles and selections of other things pickled rock. Currently I'm about to make a pickle apple cake from a recipe that was included with a Sechler's mailing. For Christmas I shipped my brothers boxes of Sech's pickles. And I recently just got a shipment of my own. They rock.

The martini I call the Sechler's Sweet Heat Mixed Pickles Vodka Martini (version 1a). It contians a couple of shots of vodka shaken with some ice. Then I added two items from the sweat heat mixed pickle jar, which were a pepperocini and a red pepper. I also spooned just a little of the sweat heat pickling juice in there.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker