<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

2.14.2006
9:50 PM >> Single Pea and Andouille Suasage Stuffed Roasted Red Bells

To begin this I think is the top rated item in my log. I came across this sweet deal on red peppers at my local Kroger and bought two of them. Then, before getting started I did some research at a local cantina >> Nuevo Laredo. I ordered the Chile Relleno. They serve theirs with "meat y potatoes." Mine was meat y black-eyed peas since I still had some left over from other cooking projects. Also, they breaded and fried theirs. Mine was naked in that regard.



Here's my opus:
Single Pea and Andouille Suasage Stuffed Roasted Red Bells
Giant roasted red bell peppers stuffed with Andouille sausage, onions, celery, black-eyed peas, stewed toms, garlic, and spices (chili powder, parsely flakes, thyme, crushed red pepps, salt and pepper, a little ginger and cinnamon, and a dash or more of worcestershire. Topped with a sauce containing much of the same and some shredded processed American Smart Heart cheese.

Rating: 8.59

This is the sauce and the suace-less vessel I put in the oven >>


And here a naked bed of lettuce and which was covered with the sauce and the cheese >>


And here the final product that came steaming out of the oven >>


NOTES: 1 variation for leftovers was to serve the meal atop half of a poppyseed bagel that some co-workers hid in my book bag. That was mean, I thought at first. I threw the bagel in the back of my truck when I noticed it stuffed in my book bag. But on the way home I realized that I was out of lettuce and could use the bagel as a bedding for the leftovers. It was kind of like a little personal pizza.

For dessert with leftover session #1 I had Kroger Lite Cherry Cheesecake yogurt. And for dessert with LS#2 I had Kroger Lite Orange yogurt. With the original eating session I desserted on Kroger Lite Key Lime Pie yogurt. Kroger Lite yogurts are great. They have all sorts of crazy flavors.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker