<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

10.25.2005
11:12 PM >> The non-vindictive sponge

I have an instinctive nature to be a nice pleasant person. I generally try not to cause conflict or controversy. Therefore in crowds of people I don't typically interact with I'm the quiet guy. I moved around a lot as a kid. So my modus operandi was to lay low for a few months until I felt comfortable opening up or getting in with a cliche.

So, this evening at an after work get together I was my typical quiet guy silent self. I was called on my quietness by one of the members of the party. As a note much of the party was pretty drunk.

I responded to my accuser who was felt that I was stowing away dirt on people that there was no worry. I told him, "I'm not vindictive, I'm just a sponge."

He nodded.

I explained that I was just cataloging various bytes of information for some ambiguical future use.

That seemed fine to him.

Then I explained futher that my heavily soaked catalog, while not vindictive, might in fact be used in benefit of myself (non-vindictively of course). He stuttered at that comment like I might be up to something. But, hey, I'm a nice quy. I'd never do anything to hurt or incriminate anyone.

But I am listening. Just remember that. I'm listening and taking detailed mental notes.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker