<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

7.18.2005
10:09 AM >> Cube

I got this most excellent quote from a biography called Aldous Huxley an English Intellectual. It's a quote from some book called The Prisons by some guy named Piranesi.

"Today every efficient office, erey up-to-date factory is a panoptical prison in which the worker suffers...from the consiousness of being inside a machine."

Now is that a summation of cube-life or what? I say yes.

In related news, here's a conversation about work and such I had with a friend.

ME >> Hi, KT. Are you at work? Or what.

SHE >> Hi Eddy, I was not at work, I was up early because I never really went to sleep, then I went to the beach with my fambly, now I'm "sick" today!!!

ME >> Sorry, KT. You need to drink some OJ. Well, what kind of sick? Are you just exhausted or do you have a sinus/congestion issue? I don't think OJ helps for being tired. For that you need coffee or a cold energy drink or just lots of sugar.

SHE >> Oh, I'm not really sick at all, just didn't feel like goingah to worky. I just have to maintain my groggy-just-woke-up voice throughout the day in case work calls. I mean geez, I just got the new Harry P book this weekend and I need some time to read it, right?

ME >> Remember in Ferris Buller when he feigned sickness using his keyboard that he got. His sister got a car and he got a stupid keyboard. But he didn't let that stop him. Cameron would have let that stop him or went into some serious depression if he got a keyboard. Not Ferris though.

SHE >> yeah, Cameron, but not Ferris.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker