<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

6.21.2005
10:33 PM >> Sweet and salty

Today at work I played a trick. I wouldn't call it a prank. Pranks are generally just on the fringe of being harmful. Full on harmful would be considered a felony and I try to steer clear of those classifications.

I simply stuck a pretzel rod into an uneaten jelly doughnut in hopes that someone would eat it and be surprised or grossed out or at the very least just have some interesting reaction to it that I could secretly laugh at.

Then I realized that it actually sounded pretty good if it was in one of the chocolate d-nuts with frosting in the middle. This might be referred to as a Bavarian creme filled, but I don't know for sure. So I grabbed a rod and stuck it into the d-nut at the filling insert point. They try and make it like a Twinkie where you don't know how the creme got inside. But this d-nut shop didn't cover there tracks very well. There was an obvious little baker's insert hole.

It was a really good combo. Sweet and salty. Speaking of. My dad always dips his tortilla chips in his Coke (diet Coke usually) at Mexican restaurants. Once I even caught him going from Coke to salsa for a second dip. I called him out on this saying that some people might not like the salsa bowl to have remnants of coke in it. I don't care, but I figured he might be at a business meeting where someone would not like the idea. I wouldn't want my dad to get fired. Not at his age or senority anyway, that would be embarrasing for him.

When my dad retires though he's told me he's going to grow his beard out. I can't wait to see that. I have a beard. But I am far from retiring. That must be a generational thought process difference thinking that you've got to not be working to have a beard. I don't think they look scruffy or unprofessional at all. Mustaches look sleazy, but beards can be worn by working men in all fields in my opinion.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker