<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

6.27.2005
1:11 PM >> Insanely Spicy Red Hot Mexican Chicken Faux TB Crunchwrap


Having been overall disappointed in T-Bell's Crunchwrap Supreme I decided to go it on my own. The result was a 7.59 personal food log rating. In comparing it to TB's I won. I fixed the problems that I experienced with TB's Crunchwrap, mainly the ingredient distribution inconsistancy and bland tortilla taste.

To start with I first toasted my tortilla in a skillet. I got the skillet hot, sprayed in a little vegetable oil, added some pepper and cilantro, and then toasted it a couple of minutes a side. Removing from the skillet I got to work on the creation.

The first layer contained chopped iceberg lettuce and fresh corn. Drisseled over top was some of the saucey part of my recent spicy chicken stew (see description of Damian's Insanely Spicy Red Hot Mexican Chicken Stew below) that I made in the crock pot.

Then the crunch layer. This was some round corn hardshell tortillas that I purchased at the grocery store for an amazing price. Just guessing I would say I got about 50 shells for $1.39.

Nextly I scooped my spicy chicken stew onto the hard crunchy shell. I then folded the tortilla in half and let it cook a couple of minutes on each side in skillet.

That was it. Clearly my preparation and taste exceeded that which I experienced at Taco Bell. So I am the winner. However, TB is able to mass produce these things, and have a huge marketing budget behind them, and they actually manage a nicely sized profit I am sure. So in that sense I lose.
_____________________________________________________________

Damian's Insanely Spicy Red Hot Mexican Chicken Stew

This is the spiciest thing I have ever made. Well, actually the habenero cream cheese poppers at Adam's bachelor party were pretty spicey. But this ranks with those.) Chopped celerey, Vidalia onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (that means seeds and all folks), a series of spices like cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, pepper pepper, garlic powder, salt, and bay leaves (2), and then two breasts of chicken. Served in a bowl with half a tortilla shell that was toasted in the oven using a little vegtable spray, lemon juice squirt, and pepper (regular pepper pepper). Recommended that some device is nearby to put out the heat, like beer, chips, estinquisher -- whatever you normally use. Oh, yeah, this was a crock creation.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker