<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

3.22.2005
7:51 PM >> Taxes and the 350 thread count

>> Tax season is upon us. Some of us are lucky enough to have a spouse to do all the work. Well, I need a wife who can do taxes for me and tell me what the hell the difference is b/w 250 and 300 thread count sheets. Am I really going to be able to tell.

>> me too, and I don't mean one of those corduroy pillows with arms

>> Me three, I am tired of doing all this crap!

>> that's so funny that you say that b/c 2 days ago I changed our sheets (not new sheets, just freshly laundered) and Tommy goes - are these sheets different than the white ones? I like them much better. Yes, they are much better/higher count sheets, and he did notice. But he says he likes them better because they don't make him too hot. Does that make sense: lower thread count = hotter? My engineering theory is that the tiny holes in the fabric create an airspace which is actually better at holding heat in than more solid cloth. It's why an afghan is so warm... but I don't know if it applies to sheets or if Tommy is just making the whole thing up.

>> You can get really good quality sheets at Marshall's for the same price you'd pay for regular ones at the department store or Target.

>> I always buy sheets at Marshalls! Also, my cousin in South Georgia bought a monogramming machine (apparently, these are $$?) and I send her my stuff and she monograms it for me!

>> Have you guys ever run out of clean bedding and had to use those brown paper towels?

>> What the hell are you talking about?

>> Those really rough, scratchy brown paper towels that come on huge, industrial rolls. You have to wrap your mattress in those when all of your sheets are in the wash.

>> Am I the only one who thinks this sounds off? ;)

>> perfectly normal...in case you pee in the bed...right?

>> Sometimes you have to wash the sheets because of pee, but typically you have to hold it all night if you are using the paper towels because they are not very absorbent. I just remember my skin would really get chafed sleeping on that crap. I think it is the equivalent of like 2-thread count.

>> I think I missed something. 1) are you serious and 2) are we talking about now or in yester-year?

>> Age 12 and under. (A couple times when age 14.) Am I seriously the only person who remembers sleeping on paper towels? Or did you guys get to sleep on nice Brawny towels or something.

>> this could explain a lot....


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker