<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

1.29.2005
11:28 AM >> ICEY SITUATION

I made it home last night nearly without incident. 35 mph the entire way home on ice and in freezing rain. I slid once on the hwy. It took me nearly 1.5 hours. Driving up to my apartment's gate I made the decision that I'd just turn in go home and go to sleep. I was thinking either that or drive straight ahead to a Quick Trip visit for some beer and a snack. But I decided to just turn in and go on home and retire. I was being smart and healthy and whatever. WRONG DECISION. After an entire careful trip home unscathed, I lost minor control as I made the turn going about 10 mph. My car slid on the ice. Break where of no use. Turning the wheel did little. I narrowly escaped hitting two street signs. By a sliver I missed them. Then I plumped into the curb.

I think my car is ok. Though I worry that I may have jolted the alignment. I don't know. It's was hard to tell. I backed up and slid my way into a parking space pretty close to my apartment.

All this and within 150 miles of reaching 100,000 on my trusty vessel the Gray Climax 4.2. When the roads clear, I'll take a drive. The crucible. I'll see how she drives and whether or not I did any permy damage to the alignment. Who knows, we may have a soon to be christened GC5.0 at berth in the parking lot right now.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker