<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

7.30.2004
12:14 PM >> Operation: Doughnut

I had it.  I went by the QT where I originally saw KLP the Doughnut to get some gas and picked up the doughnut while I was there.  Overall, I was very disappointed.  Mainly because of the filling.  I expected a Key Lime-ish filling, custardy, creamy, more like what you'd find in a cream filled doughnut.  Inside was a jelly filling.  A limey tasting jelly.  Not a creamy treat.  It was not what I wanted or thought I'd be biting into.  The outer frosting and cake crumbles were fine.

My guess is that someone down in the Jelly Filling department stumbled on a lime tasting jelly and went to his buddy at break time and said what can I do with a lime tasting jelly.  The two probably sipped some coffee and looked at some magazines and then one of them, like an idiot, prolly said, "Wha-Laa!  Key Lime Pie the Doughnut!"  That's backwards how an invention like this hsould come about.  You should start with the idea.  Then throw the bone to the people, the consumers.  Find out what they would expect from KLP the Doughnut.  What color would it be?  What would be on top?  Would it work in smoothie form?  What would it smell like?  And most damned importantly what would the texture of the filling be?  Surely, no one in their right mind would have offered up, "Oh, are you kidding me - Jelly!"  NO, it's got to be creamy, smooth like, not a freakin' jelly.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker