<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

6.12.2004
12:02 AM >> Tonight, Tonight

Tonight I saw the coolest thing ever.
I was on my deck. Being as how it was tonight, it was nighttime. Ergo, it was dark.
The fireflies have been out a little for a couple weeks now, but I never really saw more than two or three at a time in the yard. Tonight, however, whilst sitting on the aforementioned deck, I looked up into what I think is a pecan tree. (At any rate, it is a gi-normous, hardwood, broadleaf tree with an a-ton of foliage.) Scattered all throughout the leaves were an a-ton of fireflies, all twinkling in the dark. It was so sweet, like Christmas lights in the tree, except it was nature, so it was evem cooler. The fireflies would even keep their positions and blink in unison, thus adding to the Christmas light effect.
Sometimes they would totally spaz out and there would be like a million fireflies all blinking at once. Other times it was more like five of 'em.
"They look like fairies," my wife said. I love her.


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker