<$BlogRSDURL$>
 


 >> Captain, Corporal, Ensign >>

4.24.2004
12:40 AM >> Go Hard or Go Home

[The need to go to sleep must be balanced with the need to blog something when I think of it so as not to forget.]

I figured out what I want to get for my tattoo today. It is a phrase: Guns Blazing. I picked up this phrase from the title of a DJ Shadow (posing as U.N.K.L.E.) song. I love this phrase. I wish I could do everything in my life in Guns Blazing mode. You know, hardcore. Hard as hell. Etc. For the tattoo I have many decisions to make: what font to use; whether to go ALL CAPS, Init Caps, or lowercase; whether to add quotes or brackets and/or an exclamation point. Or points.

But I am not getting a tattoo because I think they are dumb. (No offense) [The one tattoo I liked was a date to commemorate and ACL tear.] So instead I will add this list to my life mottos.

Then, later on, at Target, another motto came to me, this time lifted from a sample in an Herbaliser song. (Battle of Bongo Hill, I think): "In, bang, and out." This phrase is in the Guns Blazing vein (as well as the vein of my third to be told tonight but first to be adopted in my life motto) as it conveys that same sense of not fucking around. Go where you're going, do your shit, then get the fuck on to the next thing you're gettin' into. And do it all Guns Blazing, or you'll get sidetracked.

So, my mottos >>

In, bang, and out.
Guns Blazing
HULK OUT

If the last is not self-explanatory, stop what you're doing, go to Blockbuster, and rent The Hulk. You will learn.

[And it could be worse, I coulda lifted a motto about the moon being made of green cheese.]


 
 
[riddle wrapped in
enigma stuffed inside
burrito swallowed by
whale sprayed to
sea captured by UFO]

Blogs We Read >>
Archie's Blood Car
Captain Scurvy
BABY COURAGEOUS
Corporal's Sister
Clunkyrobot
cruchic
Instrument Brain
Keith Olbermann
Lethal Gene Load
Luggage & Assorted   Carry-On
Me & Throckmorton P.   Binky
Melting Dolls
pease porridge
real buried treasure
self titled
Somewhere in Utah

Collabs >>
Ten-X Films
My Current Favorite
The JaCKPie Theater    Workshop

Go Here >>
The 321
The Onion
McSweeney's Recommends

Reference >>
IMDB
AllMusic
TV Tome
How to Bake a Potato



Powered by Blogger eXTReMe Tracker